Monday, November 14, 2011

Model Monday: Working on the house

So you may have noticed that I use little wooden models to show off my furniture in my posts. However I don't think I have ever introduced them! I have a family of three that help me out and work for free!!! Because of their hard work I promised them a house..... and I promised it quite a while ago......

Anyway, recently I have been working on it and they have been oh so excited! It is furnished with a lot of the furniture I have for sale, but I will be making some special pieces just for the house because I hope someday to pass it down to my daughter!

Here is the progress I have made on the house so far.... I need to add trim, and do the outside of the house, but the inside is getting there. This is a Greenleaf Orchid house. I probably won't be putting a lot of the frills on that it comes with.... as you can see, the models have more of a modern taste.



Also I will officially introduce the family. First the man of the family, Murph. He's checking out the pool table I am letting them borrow (it's for another project that is way behind on schedule). He was my first model and has been a real asset to my business...



Second is his dear wife, Esmeralda (Or Esmey for short). She is very sweet and has been very patient with me as I struggle to find time to work on their house! She also has reminded me that I need to put drapes on the to-do list.



Lastly, is their son Paulie. He's sitting on the kitchen floor waiting for cookies to come out of the oven. Looks like I need to work on a kitchen dining set!


That's all for this edition of Model Monday. Stay tuned for additional episodes in their little wooden lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment